Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF BEANS

Hello kids, I believe I haven't written a post in quite some time, but not to worry! This is a juicy one, as so much has gone on in my absence of this blog. For now, I will help you all out with a review on Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets, for the ps2 for six bucks that my glorious eagle in the sky bought and let me play with her yesterday.
Now, when i first got the text from eagle that I would be coming over, she had already been playing the game, and from what I heard from her, "They all look really weird, the voice acting sucks, and everyone is obsessed with beans!!!" crazy, right? Well, as I have been one to go against that silly eagly who prefers logic over the greatness that is illogic, I had to play this game for myself in order to prove her wrong. Because doing that is fun :D
But, unfortunately, I was unable to do that.
Because, for once in her life, eagle was right.
I know, craaaaaaaaaaazy, right?
Sigh.
Siiigh.
SIGH.
This game was made in 2002, and as the title says, its about harry potter and the chamber of secrets. I have never been one partial to the books, they gave me a headache when i was younger and that just imprinted upon my memory. However, I did sit through the movie, and Eagle has told me a great deal about the books. As with games based on books or movies or both in this case, one would assume that the storyline would be roughly the same as said movie or book or both.
hahaha.
hahahahahaha.
UGH.
This game, as CRAZY as it is, went so far off the plotline that even I knew it was wrong. AND I NEVER READ THE BOOKS. Eagle told me before I came over and played myself she had to, as harry, fight the Weasley's washing machine. She was so offended by this, and i asked her "Oh my flavored eagle, why do you rage so?" and she replied "Because, young and fruitful mother, this was NEVER IN THE BOOKS. THIS DID NOT TRULY HAPPEN." and I thought "Oh dear."
But wait. It gets worse.
Apparently, the currency in this game is beans, ever flavored beans made from a guy who's name starts with a B, but I dont remember what his name was.
hold on, i'm looking for it online right now.
LOADING....
LOADING....
BERTIE BOTTS THATS WHAT IT'S CALLED!!!!
Hey, did I forget to mention how long it takes for each area to load? it's like a full two minutes, no music, and a still picture of hogwarts. It got really annoying when me and Eagle couldn't pass this one section of the game and had to restart the challenge over and over an over again. Plus, the challenged involved us mastering a certain spell expelliarmus that has been noted in the movie to be a disarming charm. However, in the movie its basically used to just reflect a spell back at an opponent. Eagle old me this was extremely wrong, and huffed and puffed and blew the house down!!! After all this crazy madness of wrongitude, an making harry potter fall off the edge of hogwarts (In which i felt deep pleasure from doing >:3), we turned off the game and played portal 2, in which I made eagle get angry in so many ways as well :D
Other things that should be mentioned about harry potter video game is that there is no cultural diversity in the game. Everybody is white. Well... there's this one kid where we can't tell if he's white or not, because the frodoing camera angles just can't give us a break. Oh yeah. camera angles. They suck!!! We get limited amount of control over them, each time we try to change them they go back to where they first were originally. it makes it rather difficult to be sneaky if we cant even see the target area we are supposed to go to!!! also, one highlight of the game I foun was how we have to be sneaky when we go out at night, because harry potter does all his mischevious things at night which totally breaks curfew. Even when he's trying to help his friends out, he never asks for help. How incredibly brave he is :D
That's all for now, this is naminesfriend, telling everyone to play a good THE GAME every once in awhile, and to go to bed earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment