Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Star Ocean: NEL IS IN MY PARTY YES

It's a party in here yo. Alright, so I have gotten to the second disc of the game, and I derped up XD ill explain, but first I gotta tell you what is going on without entirely spoiling the story.
For the most part of disc 1 there is a certain underdeveloped planet you'll be spending most of your time in. Because of this, you are not allowed to mention how far more advanced you are technologically. Because of this, and no real communications to your technological world, you get to start to feel as though you really are a part of the world. I personally loved Nel zelpher who was basically the first real leading female characters in the game. Sophia in the beginning is basically a kidnapped love interest, go frodoing figure, and Fayt's mother isn't so important until about the second disc. Nel is independent, strong, confident, intelligent, and takes surprises with a calm stride. She is also beautiful, but what makes me love her the most is probably the fact that she prefers her job over men. In fact, I don't even think she cares about these guys XD lol
anyhow, by the end of disc two, a final showdown in this underdeveloped planet went on between this world and a certain entity I am not allowed to disclose without flashing a spoiler alert :p
after this, I excitedly put in disc two, to find that I had to leave the planet. And I was like, ok. Cool. I liked the place, but I guess im ready to move on.
and then I remembered.
Nel.
Nel.
I WAS GONNA HAVE TO LEAVE NEL!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well, I sobbed, and after awhile I got over the fact that I would just have to deal with having only muscle head hotly, main character, and girl who is small and gun savvy. Sigh. Ok. I was over it then. I was on a ship, it was all futuristic and Hawt,I was all excited to be on this new adventure. But suddenly, im whisked back to the underdeveloped planet.
Here's where I was all derpy and failed XD
before I went back to the underdeveloped planet, I was given the option to move around, save my game, yknow. Normal stuff. Which was rather great, because I needed some items and healing. And as I mentioned, I had two characters left at my side, which is also fine because im only allowed three characters in battle. Normally, I would use maria from the three, but this time I chose to just leave it with Fayt, who was automatically assigned the leader. So I didn't bother going to the menu to do anything. So I went back to the planet, turns out we were tricked, and we have to fight a mini boss fight. I was all like, lols no problem, I still got three level 32 chars.
And then I got to the fight.
And only Fayt was in my party.
..........
To be continued....
Ps. The moral of this story is to always save your game, and to check your menu and party members CAREFULLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment