Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

STAR OCEAN: TILL THE END OR CLOSE TO MINIMAL AMOUNT OF MP

So, I promise to make an X-men Legends continuation blog post sometime in the future, however, I have been playing this really good game that I seriously gotta talk about. Gather round kiddies, this tale will be sure to wet your whistle for awhile XD
Around the beginning of my senior year, I realize that I will be moving away by the end of the year and starting a new life in college. Granted, Ill be bringing my PS2 with me, an as a gamer my feelings for my games will never change, and will influence my life for the rest of my time at college, and forever for that matter. For example, every time I make a new friend and spend time with them, I think to myself "... social rank level increase!" and when I was visiting my college, I couldn't help but think of it like a mini Aquaria. And then, whenever I'm feeling down I just think of Kingdom Hearts, and what would Sora do? All of these are references to different games, each one I have been obsessed with in some point in time. So I decided, in honor of these games, I must finish all of them by the time I go to college. I won't have as much time for games when I get to my classes and homework, so I should at least respect them enough to finish them.
It has been a long year, much has happened, but slowly and enjoyingly enough, I was able to finish game after game. First it was Final Fantasy X, a tear-jerking ending to be sure (ignore all that eagle has said), next my loving boyfriend bought me Xenosaga episode III of the three game saga, and I finished that as well. The ending left me feeling funny, because it was meant to be six games but they had to pack it all into one final game, and it just felt complete but not complete at the same time. oh, KOS-MOS, I'll always love you!!! And of course, my beloved La Pucelle Tactics, also bought by my boyfriend, was a satisfying ending that made me flail about in a most unconventional way. Each game, I shall honor it with a post as well, but give me time kids. For now, settle on the last game I have not finished yet, but am in the process of finishing.
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, is an older game by Square enix that takes place in the future. It's about a boy named Fayt who must rescue his parents and childhood friend Sophia from the Vendeeni who kidnapped them. However, as he travels between worlds, things get in the way, and some people know more about him than he may know about himself. For this game series, Square chose to take an anime style approach, thus making the graphics somewhat bulky and odd. However, for the time it was made, they are decent enough. Music is ok, battle system is decent enough, but I gotta say. The environmental graphics are rather amazing. It is so creative how much detail they put into describing each world, especially the third world you visit in which a war is raging on between two countries. There's religions, humanoid species, history behind every land, and locations of each world. We have deep character descriptions, and it stays true to an rpg. The way you talk to some characters in certain points in the game will decide how much of each character's ending you get to see by the end of the game. It also decides who will join your party in a later point in the game. This is two discs, the storyline being so complex they kinda had to have two discs. Saying that, I have to complain a bit about the battle system. It is somewhat of a fast battle system, in which you use circle or X as your fighting buttons. There is a menu in which you can use magic, called symbology in this case, and you have hp and mp. or is it sp? well, you get the jist of it. Now, you're allowed to choose which character you want to play as, but the rest are automatic. I am perfectly fine with that. However, you can choose their battle style, making strategy a part of the game. Except, there is no choice to conserve mp!!! so in the middle of a fight I got Maria just shooting out mp like there's no tomorrow, but when it hits that yellow color of halfway to a quarter mp left, she runs off the screen and hides!!!! so I'm forced to use some time to give her a blackberry, which restores mp, on her!! DO YOU KNOW HOW ANNOYING THAT GETS AFTER DOING IT THREE TIMES WITHIN FIVE MINUTES OF A FIGHT????
Actually, other than that, I have no other complaints about this game. but the halfway point dramatic turn in the storyline was pretty bogus. I guess it was supposed to make us look at ourself, but in my case i felt as though they were running out of material and had to go with the most obvious but never truly spoken thing of all. Fayt is like a whiny lil brother, but I adore him cuz he always complains and thinks he knows everything when he knows nothing :D Nel is my favorite, forevermore, no matter what. She is what I want to be when I grow up.
An, that's it for now. Thanks ladies and germs for listening in on my flail whale tale!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment