Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Bug's Freakin' Life

So I was at a car dealership getting my car maintained and I was really intensely bored. So I played Bug's Life on my GBC.
After reading about that four jumps makes a a higher jump thing, I figured I'd try it out on that infernal mushroom that had been blocking my path. I want y'all to know that I died several times while trying to get up there. That freakin' bee just kept coming back after me! FINALLY by a stroke of luck I made it on top of the mushroom. There was nothing on the other side, so I figured a leap of faith was in order. I jumped down and straight into a pit of water. Really, guys? Really?
So I tried it again. I managed once again to get on top of the stupid mushroom, and I tried to make a leap of faith farther than I previously had. Oh yeah. I jumped right into an enemy. I tried to throw a nut at it but it didn't freakin' work! So I died again. I tried again. I died again. This kept happening until all of my lives were gone. I stared at that freakin' dead ant screen and just turned the damn thing off.
I ended up playing Zombie Farm on my iPod Touch. Now that there is a fun game. You get to grow zombies and attack various locales. You can also grow crops that you can sell for money. As you level, you unlock fun extra things like new zombies, new places to attack, and things that make life easier (like a Speed Monolith, which lets you farm faster).
One of the things I really enjoy about Zombie Farm is the names it gives your zombies. It doesn't let you name them, but gives them weird names like Bruno, Ick, Dirt, and Agatha. Exciting!
It's a game I only really play when I'm on travel or something, because it takes a lot of time to harvest, plow, and reseed a whole farm. Luckily, the game has some crops that don't wither, which enables me to let it sit for a week or a month and still have something to do when I return to the game.
I wish the ant in Bug's Life would become a zombie when it died. That might make the game more interesting.
Random picture of the day (from Purple Slinky):
Kanji would love this bathroom. It would make him feel macho.
~Pigeonmeister

1 comment: